Auto Insurance Isn’t Hard to Wrap Your Head Around
We know insurance can be tough to understand. But the main goal of car insurance is simple: To financially protect you, your passengers, your car and other drivers after physical damage has been caused by a car accident. Our friendly agents are here to help you understand your insurance options and pick the right coverage to fit your needs and budget quickly and easily.
Auto policies generally cover the following areas
- Liability: Provides coverage if the accident was your fault and it caused injury to another person and damaged their property.
- Collision: Covers expenses for loss or damage done to your vehicle in a collision.
- Comprehensive: Covers certain damages to your car that are unrelated to a collision, such as theft or flooding.
- Medical: Helps cover medical and funeral expenses caused by an accident for both you and your passengers.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)*: PIP goes beyond Medical by covering medical costs and other expenses related to your injuries, including lost wages. Additional protection includes rental-car coverage and roadside assistance.
- Uninsured/Underinsured: If the accident is the other driver’s fault and he or she does not have insurance, or enough insurance, uninsured/underinsured coverage will pay for repairs and medical expenses.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
How Much Car Insurance Coverage Do You Need?
Your driving habits, vehicle, location, budget and desires all determine how much auto coverage you need. You should consider the following questions when thinking about your coverage options:
- Am I making payments on my car? If so, you may be required to have collision coverage.
- How much can I afford to pay out-of-pocket? Though a higher deductible lowers the amount you pay monthly for insurance, it also increases the amount you pay out-of-pocket after a loss.
- What type of vehicle do I own? If you have an older vehicle with a lower value, it might not make sense to pay for more expensive lines of coverage.
By Law, How Much Car Insurance Am I Required To Have?
Many states require drivers to have liability insurance in order to make driving financially safe for all. If you don’t have the required amount of insurance, you may be subject to fines and the state might revoke your license and registration.Find out how much insurance your state requires by clicking here. You can also enter your zip code into our easy quoting engine to get more details on your state.
How Can I Get The Lowest Premium Possible?
Everybody loves to save money. Thankfully, there are a variety of factors that can impact your premium, including the type of vehicle you drive, anti-theft features installed in your vehicle, location of your vehicle, driving record, grades in school, annual vehicle mileage, and more. Easy Auto Insurance lets you easily compare the premiums of many different qualified carriers at once.
Answering these questions will put you on a path to better understanding what level of car insurance you need.
Return to insurance-links.com